Plastiq is a payment processor that offers the ability to pay any type of bill with a credit (or debit) card for a fee. Payments can be sent to both businesses and individuals. The recipient will receive an electronic payment if they are in Plastiq’s system, or a check delivered by USPS if they are not.
- Credit card payments (Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, Discover) – 2.5% fee
- Debit card payments – 1.0% fee
- Prepaid cards as processed as credit, but can be used on Plastiq
- Processing fees will be generate their own line item separate from the payment amount on your credit card statement
- Generous referral program
Plastiq often (not always) requires you to send in a copy of your rental agreement for verification prior to processing your rent payment, or a bill or invoice for paying other bills. If you have roommates, you can offer to pay rent for the whole house or apartment and have your roommates reimburse you directly. Additionally, you can have the payment sent to your address for hand-delivery to the “landlord”, which may provide a creative outlet for some using this service.
Plastiq offers a referral program where the referrer gets $1000 fee-free dollars (FFD) and the new signup receives $500 fee-free dollars after making $500 worth of payments through Plastiq ($1000 and $500 worth of free payment processing without the 2.5% fee). There is no cap on the amount of FFD you can earn through referrals.
Please consider using our referral link to receive your $500 fee-free dollars.